One of the blessings of being homebound during the pandemic is that it has brought us closer to family members that stay with us – parents, spouses, kids. It has also brought us closer to our pets, who have brought us comfort, laughter, and fun during challenging times.
And as we refurbish our homes to accommodate WFH arrangements, on-line classes, and other new normal adjustments, it may be a good idea to dedicate a space for our furry friends.
Pets, after all, also need their own personal space. Dogs and cats are prone to sleepiness, irritability and personal boundary violations just like their pet parents. Whether it’s a well-appointed crate, or a small area in your bedroom or living room, creating a sense of security for your pets will keep them emotionally safe and physically comfortable.
Pet Express, the one-stop shop for all your pet’s essentials, has a wide variety of high-quality pet food, toys, dog beds, crates, climbing gyms and other accessories, that will keep your home a haven for your pets. Here are some practical tips on how to keep your home pet-friendly:
● Create a cozy corner for your pet. By assigning their place, you will be able to train them and provide a bed space for your pet to rest and unwind.
● For small breeds and small pets like cats, who like to cling to their pet parents, putting a small bedding area for them in your living room or under the dining space will make them secure and safe.
● Have a clean designated dining space for your pet. Do not forget to store your Pet food properly that is out of your pet’s reach. Get an automated Pet feeder so mealtimes can be fun.
● Organize your pet needs and accessories in a shelf or cabinet. Remember to keep it within your reach.
● Pet-proof your home. Set up a retractable fence to set boundaries between yours and your pet’s space.
● Hide their pet bowls and litter box. Give your cat some privacy and provide a small screen to their litter box in a corner.
● Dogs love to bathe and play on wet area. Provide them a space in your wet area by adding a platform for their muddy paws and a quick wash after a play.
● Keep your pets active. It is important to give your dog something to chew on like treats or rubber toy; while cats should have a scratching post or climbing trees on their active days.
● As you bathe and groom your pet, you should keep their area clean and germ-free as usual. Use pet-friendly disinfectant and cleaners in keeping their nook clean and tidy.
Pet parents can now place their order online thru petexpress.com.ph and on their Call and Collect services in selected branches and shop thru a PAWSONAL SHOPPER at 0917.8091864. Also, Pet Express is now open at The SM Stores in SM Megamall, SM Marilao, SM Bicutan, SM East Ortigas, SM Marikina, and SM Novaliches. For more info and updates, follow PetExpressPH on Instagram and Facebook.